Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Praying Mantis Alien



I have a CBS radio show called "Hot Leads Cold Cases" that airs every Friday from 8-9 PM ET.  I have been hosting this show for several years.  The purpose of the show is to investigate mysteries and the style of the people who investigate mysteries.  Topics have ranged from issues in the paranormal, ufology, science, medicine, law enforcement, archeology, and so on.  Recently, my focus seems to have been drawn, inadvertently or not, to issues of alien abduction.  Alien abduction, as I have begun to learn, is like the little pesky stepchild of ufology.  Because it involves a wide variety of issues that involve dreams, hypnosis, psychology, and subjective impressions (as opposed to spacecraft photos, terrain samples, radar videos, etc.), many ufologists have attempted to distance themselves from the abduction investigators. 

However, among those ufologists who are interested in alien contact and not just objective evidence of alien spacecraft, there has been a split.  There are those who refer to contact with aliens as "abductions" and those who refer to such events, more benevolently, as mere "contact" or "experience."  Having spoken with a number of "abductees" who remain terrified by their bizarre and inexplicable experiences, I have a hard time imagining that all contact with aliens is pleasant.  I have heard reports of excruciating pain, humiliation, neglect, resultant permanent scarring, disease, weird implants, mental reorientation, and even death.  So I am not sure all such alien intentions are pure.  I am also friendly with a growing group of grassroots ufologists who are eager for, and actively seek out, alien contact.  They operate on the assumption that alien intentions are benevolent - not malicious as the abductionists would have you believe!  Is it possible they are both correct? 

Skipping over, for a moment, all the problems of sorting out the difference between subjective terror and the ability of aliens to erase or falsify our memories at will, it seems to me the only way to understand these discrepancies of alien intentions is to fit them into a familiar human model of interaction.  Imagine you are a dog.  If you live in America, chances are you will be a spoiled pet in someone's home eating better than half the humans on earth.  If you live in China, there is a good chance you may end up as someone's dinner.  So, this would be very confusing if you were a dog.  Should you beware of humans or not?  Are humans good or evil?  Same goes for aliens.  To me, this explanation is more satisfying, and a bit more sophisticated, than the idea that there are different species of aliens, some good, some evil.  I believe there can be many different motivations within the same species.

It has taken a lot of my own personal mind stretching to even entertain the idea of different alien species.  While I was minimally able to appreciate the 3-4' tall traditional "grays" (such as those made famous by Hollywood), I figured that "reptilians" and "insectoid" aliens were just the products of juvenile overactive sci-fi minds.  Having read and spoken with a number of abductees who swear by these recollections, I am now more confused.  And it is getting worse.  Given the ability of aliens to apparently create deliberate amnesia, partial recollection or false memories of traumatic encounters with aliens, ANYTHING is now possible.  So where do you draw the line?

Someone asked me recently, "Do you think you have ever been abducted?"  "Absolutely not!" I almost snorted with contempt.  I have no such memories.  But I have had many other experiences which quality as "contact."  (As I write this, two helicopters have flown by and I don't live in an area where that is common - should I interpret that as a "sign" or mere "coincidence"?)  And so, at what point should one assume that "contact" may have been based on some initial abduction that one does not remember?  Am I even qualified to make that judgment?  Are any of us qualified?

I was reminded just two nights ago that when I was five years ago and living in Cambridge, MA, I found a praying mantis in my backyard and decided to make it my "pet."  My entire family was allergic to animals with fur so we were not allowed to have pets growing up.  She was a beautiful insect - with a highly intelligent face, penetrating eyes that could swivel on her triangular head.  I have since learned that these insects have two enormous compound eyes and three simple eyes and they are the only insect that can move its head 180 degrees for an amazing view.  They are capable of seeing up to 60 feet away!  Their front legs are lifted off the ground and folded together in a "prayer" position.  So they have a weird quasi-spiritual aspect to them.  Despite this gentle demeanor, they are fearsome predators.  The females are famous for eating their sexual partners after having sex.  I put my praying mantis, who sat on a small weed stalk, under a jar.  I fed her crickets from the nearby window well.  However, after a day or two, I realized she was going to die without oxygen under the jar, so I reluctantly removed it.  To my surprise, she stayed there for about a week.  Every day I would find cricket legs in a pile of leftover food debris under her stalk.  To this day, I love praying mantis'.  In retrospect, could she have been a "screen memory" of a praying mantis alien?  That patently ridiculous possibility is as good as anything else.  That's my problem!

10 comments:

  1. I am more likely to believe that there are several species of aliens than just one visiting Earth, and their motivations are probably as diverse as those of humanity but for reasons we cannot yet understand. While I have gotten very close to bottlenose dolphins, it would take a lot of convincing to persuade me to trust myself around a large predator with a decentralized nervous system, no matter how smart it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust is indeed a key issue and dilemma in this field. Having swum at sea for awhile next to a dolphin I was struck by the enormousness of her physical body in the water and also the "communicating" intelligence in her large eyes - I was thus clearly swimming next to her by her "permission". Same goes for aliens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aliens are ennemies of humankind. They are here because they know that human are superior to them. Men can do meditation and astral travel to extremely high level of existence unlike aliens who have their roots in this material dimension. Some species of Alien can dematerialize themselves but can only go in parralel dimensions, they cannot go to higher dimensions, only men can. Aliens are here because they want to create an hybrid race alien-human that they would be able to use to reach those higher plan of existence. All the aliens races without exception are ennemies of humankind. Even if some think they help us, they are in fact destroying us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These so called aliens are nothing of the sort. They are anything but benevolent and they break all possible known physical laws. They are nothing new and are exactly like the boogey men of old....demonic.

    The most damning is that , why would aliens travel many light years just to bad mouth christianity and no other religion? In fact these abductors and these 'space brothers' want only to destroy christianity....why do you think that is? Because they are demonic. Why if they are so advanced, do these beings feel the need to sneak around and perform experiments against the abductees will? I find it hard to believe that any abductee would willingly subject themselves to this kind of treatment willingly. Look, if it walks, talks, act's and looks like a demon, it's a demon. Everything about these creatures SCREAMS occult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To both Anonymous writers: Have either of you ever been abducted or had contact with an alien species or ET? I am just curious because if not, I am not sure where you are getting your information about them. I have never heard, read or experienced any information, for example, that would suggest they are trying to "destroy Christianity." While I agree the experiments seem to defy an obvious respect for our being (as far as we can judge), the mere presence of a power that has an ability to control our species does not, at least for me, immediately scream "demonic"! Of course it's possible. But there mere fact something is frightening and powerful, doesn't make me immediately jump to the automatic conclusion that it is a demon. Demons are quite specific in my experience with the paranormal. In fact, certain highly placed Vatican officials, experienced in demonology, have indicated publicly that they do not find alien species inconsistent with Christian belief systems. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does anyone have/know of accounts from other parts of the world? It seems Hollywood that the "abduction" or "experience" stories seem to come primarily from the US. I consider myself very open-minded, but I won't lie, these ideas are terrifying to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes there are abduction accounts from countries all over the world... The more you get familiar and educated about the scenarios, the more you will begin to feel empowered. It is unfortunate that a coverup of info, including making it seem ridiculous, has resulted in people feeling isolated, afraid and alone with this terrifying prospect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having strange dreams and on various occasions waking up to a presence that cannot be seen but felt and heard. Sounds of Clicking noises and when I close my eyes see images of a praying mantis creature. Last night every tiny strand of hair felt like it stood on end. What is this? Am I going slowly crazy? My hubby says its cockroaches they make clicking noises. But the feeling of something close to you?...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lived 25 years in NYC and never heard a cockroach make "clicking" noises. The Madagascar cockroaches make "hissing" noises. So I doubt you heard cockroaches. As for a mantis alien in your room, you are the best judge of that. I have heard accounts from abductees who claim they making odd "clicking" noises. Given the fact that your hair was standing on end and you had a sense of a presence and heard clicking noises, I would tend to go with your gut feeling. I have spoken to enough people who are absolutely convinced they have encountered mantis aliens (usually as "leaders" in spacecraft and not in bedrooms on earth) that I don't discount anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe that the mantis are visiting my house. I say this because every night I star gaze I see single points of light fly over and if you do your research, the mantis, in lower dimensions, build spherical ships of light, so I think they are monitoring me.

    ReplyDelete